‹ Back to Map
Public Health Data
Is there any public policy to reduce these risks (smoking, alcohol and obesity) in your country?
In 2013, the ‘Healthy Ireland’ agenda was adopted as a general framework to improve population health and wellbeing around four broad goals:
- increase the proportion of people who are healthy at all stages of life;
- reduce health inequalities;
- protect the public from threats to health and wellbeing;
- create an environment where every sector of society can play their part. This policy aims to reduce the risks associated with smoking, drinking and obesity.
- State of Health in the EU Ireland Country Health Profile 2017, European Commission, https://ec.europa.eu/health/sites/health/files/state/docs/chp_ir_english.pdf